HAPPY EASTER!! Hope you all are having a fantastic day!
Have you ever stopped and wondered...WHY DOES EVERYBODY MAKE HAM ON EASTER?!?!
It really just doesn't make sense. In the bible, Jesus lives as a Jew- and pork is strictly forbidden in the Old Testament. Odd right?! That's what we thought.
Until we went to... THE INTERNET. Where I did happen to find some very interesting stories with about Ham. Most you probably don't want to hear, so I will keep that to myself. To sum it up, the best answer I found simply stated: "Back in the day, livestock was slaughtered and prepared in the fall. Any pork that wasn't consumed in the winter, was left to cure for consumption in the spring. After several months of curing, pork turns to HAM, which just so happens to fall around EASTER. "
So there you have it! Now you know why we all enjoy delicious ham on Easter.
With that being said, this is what kind of Ham I cooked up today for the family and it turned out absolutely AMAZING! This was an old favorite crock-pot recipe that I created many years ago, so I decided to try it in the Instant Pot. Once again, the Instant Pot did NOT disappoint. This was the quickest, yet juiciest ham I have ever had. My entire family must have agreed because it did not last long as everyone was rushing for seconds!!
I hope you all enjoy this as much as we did. For more recipes, be sure to check out our cookbook, "100 Irresistible Recipes," that are all converted to work perfectly in your Instant Pot.
Pure Pressure Sweet Hawaiian Ham
- boneless ham (pre-cooked)
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Pineapple rings
- Aluminum foil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together honey & brown sugar. Once mixed, lather evenly over your ham.
- Next, evenly spread out pineapple rings across your ham. Put 1 cherry in the center of each pineapple. (Use a toothpick to secure if needed)
- Cover ham with aluminum foil. Add 2 cups water and trivet to your pressure pot. Place ham on trivet.
- Close and seal lid. Cook on manual HIGH pressure for 7-minutes. Allow for a 10-minute Natural Pressure Release and Quick Release any remaining.
- Open lid and remove ham. Finely slice and serve with your favorite Pure Pressure dishes. ENJOY!!