The weekend is finally here... time to reward myself for eating good all week by stuffing my face with endless CARBS! 🤪
One of my major weaknesses is Chinese food. Today I happened to be craving Orange Chicken with that super sticky White Rice that you can only find at the Chinese restaurants.
There was just one problem. In my small little town.. there are NO Chinese restaurants. Thank goodness for my Amazing Pot!!!
In roughly 10-minutes I was able to satisfy my weekend craving and also satisfy the entire family...even my picky 4 year old LOVED this recipe. We hope you do, too.
Be sure to check out our new Instant Pot cookbook for 100 more Irresistible Recipes!
Instant Pot Orange Chicken & Rice
3-4 Boneless Chicken Breasts
¾ BBQ Sauce (Darker sauce recommended)
1 tsp cornstarch
1 cup orange marmalade
2 cloves of garlic (or 1 Tbsp garlic powder)
½ tsp minced ginger
½ tsp red chili flakes
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp soy sauce
Green onions, chopped
2 cups White Rice (I used Basmati)
2 1/2 cups water
2 Tbsp butter
1 tsp salt
1) Add 1/4 cup water to bottom of pressure pot.
2) Cut chicken into good bite sized pieces and add into pressure pot. Cover with BBQ, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, red chili flakes, salt & pepper.
3) In a IP approved bowl, combine all ingredients for rice and cover with aluminum foil. Place bowl on elevated rack, right over the top of the chicken.
4) Set cooker to HIGH pressure and allow it to cook for 4 minutes. Quick release when done.
5) Either remove chicken from pot (or BBQ) and whisk in cornstarch. You don’t want to whisk your chicken or it will shred.
6) Add 1 cup orange marmalade to sauce and stir well.
7)Once fully mixed, add chicken back to pot and Sauté everything until sauce starts to thicken. Don’t overdo it, you will want to allow this to cool off for a few minutes which will also thicken your sauce.
8) Serve over your rice dish and top with green onions. ENJOY!!
***Be sure to subscribe to our Email and FACEBOOK for more Irresistible recipes!!***