Nothing says sunshine and summertime like the smell of a backyard BBQ! All of the amazing meats, sides, drinks and desserts. Ahh YES! The DESSERT! The smell of those sweet little fruity desserts gets me every time! 🍰🍨🍪
Until now, those desserts we crave weren’t always the easiest in that summer heat. NOT ANYMORE! Thanks to our friend, INSTANT POT, you can now cook up your favorite treats wherever you go! 👍🏻
Today we had a BBQ down by the lake and instead of worrying how to keep everything from melting, I simply brought my IP with! In 20-minutes I whipped up these irresistible mini Pineapple Upside down cakes that left the whole party in awe! 😳
If you’ve enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out our new cookbook (E-book or Paperback) that’s LOADED with 100 more recipes unique to your Instant Pot pressure cooker.
GET YOURS HERE:
Mini Pineapple Upside-down Cakes
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- Canned pineapple rings
- Maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Aluminum foil
- Favorite ice-cream (optional)
- Silicone ramekins
These are ours:
1) In a mixing bowl, add yellow cake mix, ½ cup oil, 3 eggs, & 1 cup of pineapple juice. Mix until fully dissolved.
2) Spray silicone bowl/ramekins with non-stick cooking spray.
3) Add 1 Tbsp brown sugar and ½ Tbsp butter to each ramekin (or full amount of sugar/butter if using spring-form)
4) Next, place 1 pineapple ring in each ramekin (or several for big cake), followed with a cherry in the center of each
5) Pour better over top of each Pineapple ring.Cover with aluminum foil.
6) Add 2 cups water to your pressure pot and place trivet in bottom of pan. Place cakes onto trivet and make sure you don’t overload past the max fill.
7) Close and seal lid. Cook on manual HIGH pressure for 17-minutes. QUICK RELEASE your pressure. Serve with favorite ice-cream and ENJOY!