Happy Monday all!
.. and OH what a happy Monday it is!! The sun is finally shining and I just whipped up a batch of these AMAZING mini Boston Cream Pies in my Instant Pot! ( sorry summer bod!)
While I was making these, I got wondering..why the heck is it called a, “Boston Cream Pie?!” The things don’t LOOK or TASTE like pies. (but they sure taste good!)
Sooo I went to my dear friend, THE INTERNET! This is what I stumbled on:
“In the olden days families only used pie tins to bake. When this was first crafted – as a pudding pie cake – it was made in a pie tin. Therefore, it was a “pie!” So, it became official when a New York newspaper first ran the recipe as Pudding Pie Cake back in 1855.
Armenian-French chef M. Sanzian was credited for creating the first Boston Cream Pie.”
There we have it! Now it is time to show you how to create your own mini masterpiece!!
If you have enjoyed this blog and recipe, be sure to check out our new cookbook loaded with “100 Irresistible Recipes,” for your Instant Pot. Now available as E-book or Paperback!
Mini Boston Cream Pie Bites
- 1 box of “Betty Crocker Super Moist French Vanilla,” cake mix.
- 1 cup water (for mixing)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup prepared vanilla pudding
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Aluminum foil
- Silicone Egg-Bite Mold
These are ours:
- Spray egg-bite mold with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cake mix, water, butter and eggs. Mix until fully blended.
- Evenly pour batter into your egg-bite mold, filling about 3/4 of the way. ( I pour my batter in a zip-lock bag and snip the corner to control my pour and mess!)
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Add 2 cups water and trivet to pressure pot. Place egg-bite mold on the trivet.
- Close and seal lid. Cook on manual HIGH pressure for 12-minutes. Allow for a 5-minute Natural Pressure Release and Quick Release any remaining.
- While the NPR is happening, combine chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream in a separate mixing bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 60 seconds. Mix until creamy.
- Remove your pie bites from the mold. With a knife, slice each bite directly in half. Then, scoop a small spoonful of vanilla pudding onto the bottom half and cover with top half. (Like a sandwich!)
- Drizzle your pie bites with melted chocolate. ENJOY!!
**Be sure to subscribe to our Email and FACEBOOK for more Irresistible recipes to come!**