Tasty Tuesday!! (Tacos for the main course, obviously! 😉)
Today’s recipe definitely won’t let you down in the TASTY department. This Instant Pot Lemon Meringue Cheesecake is absolutely out of this WORLD! 🌍
My great grandma used to make the best lemon meringue pie, and last night I had a craving. I’ve also been craving one of those famous IP cheesecakes. So, I decided to combine my two favorites and created this absolute masterpiece ..the LEMON MERINGUE CHEESECAKE! YUM! 🤤🤤🤤🤤
This recipe may not be the most time efficient, but it’s guaranteed to blow your taste buds out of the water!
So what are you waiting for?! JUST COOK IT ALREADY!
If you’ve enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out our new IP Cookbooks (paperback or ebook) that are loaded with many unique and tasty recipes, just like this one.
On sale TODAY:
Instant Pot LEMON MERINGUE CHEESECAKE
- 2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2/3 cup salted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 24 oz cream cheese, room-temp.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 cup sour cream, room temp.
- 1 1/2 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp grated lemon zest (2-3 lemons)
- 4 large eggs, room temp.
- 8 Tbsp lemon juice (3-4 lemons)
- 4 tsp grated lemon zest (1 lemon)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tarter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 large egg whites
non-stick Cooking spray
8” springform (or push) pan
1) In a mixing bowl, combine all the crust ingredients and mix until butter is fully blended. Spray springform (or push-pan) with non-stick cooking spray, and evenly disburse crust. Place in freezer for at least 10-minutes.
2) In the meantime, start working on your cheesecake filling. In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, & flour. Beat on a low-speed until you’ve reached a smooth consistency.
3) Next, mix in sour cream, vanilla, & lemon zest. Mix until fully dissolved. Then, one at a time, slowly mix I your eggs. Make sure to scrape down the sides if needed.
4) Remove crust from freezer and evenly pour in cheesecake batter. Cover springform pan with aluminum foil and be sure to make a foil-sling for easy removal.
5) Place trivet and 2 cups water inside pressure pot. Then, gently lower your springform pan on top of trivet. Close & seal lid. Cook on manual HIGH-pressure for 75-minutes. Allow for a 15-minute Natural Pressure Release and then Quick release any remaining.
6) Open lid and carefully remove cheesecake. Let cool down on oven or counter-top for about 30-minutes. Then, uncover and place in refrigerator for an additional 30-minutes to cool.
7) Once the cheesecake is in the fridge for roughly 15-minutes, it’s time to get started on your lemon curd.
8) For the lemon curd, you will want to use the Pot-in-Pot method. Simply place trivet and also a metal or glass cooking dish inside of your pressure pot. Fill with water until it has reached the halfway point on your cooking dish. Now, turn on “sauté” mode.
9) Add all of your lemon curd ingredients into the inner dish and continue to whisk until curd has reached a temp between 170-180 degrees or when it starts to thicken. Don’t over cook as it will continue to thicken.
10) Once curd has reached desires temperature, evenly pour over cheesecake and return it to the refrigerator to cool an additional 5-6 hours.
11) Once cheesecake has cooled, make your meringue. For this, we will again use the Pot-in-Pot method. Place your inner cooking dish and trivet inside the pressure pot and fill halfway with water. Use “sauté” mode.
12) Combine all ingredients for meringue and whisk slowly until a temperature between 140-160 degrees (or when it appears sugar has fully dissolved).
13) Once warmed, remove from heat and continue to whisk at a HIGH speed for 5-7 minutes or until it has reached a thicker/foamy consistency. Top your cheesecake with meringue in a wavy dome-shape. Use a kitchen torch to brown the top, OR place in oven on 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Serve chilled & ENJOY!!
**Be sure to folllow us via email and Facebook to find all of our latest and greatest recipes!!**