HAPPY MONDAY to all of you Pure Pressure followers!
Yesterday I whipped up this amazing creation that had my dogs leaving even bigger puddles of drool all over the floor. Seriously, I love them... but YUCK! But, I guess I shouldn't really complain. They are what sparked this crazy idea for the Instant Pot.
We were making lunch yesterday afternoon and the dogs were standing there staring aimlessly like they always do, drooling all over the place in hopes of a crumb falling to the floor. With me being a sucker, I went to the pantry to grab them a treat but they were empty. I have a recipe for the oven that I have used for many years that is full of all-natural ingredients that my dogs absolutely LOVE, so I figured I would see if it was possible to do in the Instant Pot!
It was DEFINITELY possible! My dogs gobbled these treats up even quicker than they usually do. What made them so different was the soft and chewy texture that the Instant Pot delivered. Usually in the oven these harden up like Milk-bones, but not these! Which is awesome, because like us, dogs get OLDER and so do their teeth!
Before I go any further, I MUST touch base on one thing. PEANUT BUTTER. There has been A LOT of discussion lately as to whether or not Peanut Butter is safe for dogs. Natural Peanut Butter has been announced as OK for dogs. The main thing is make sure you are using an all natural Peanut Butter that does not contain the ingredient XYLITOL. Xylitol can be very dangerous to your dog so PLEASE look carefully. Peanut butter is actually a healthy food for dogs, containing vitamins and healthy fats. Moderation is key. Dogs can be allergic to things just like people. If you feel uncomfortable using peanut butter, other great alternatives would be pumpkin or sweet potato.
Also, These treats can be refrigerated in an air-tight container and kept for 2-months. Or, you can FREEZE them up to 8-months!
If you and your pups enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out our new E-book that is loaded with 100 more Irresistible Recipe's unique to your Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Healthy Dog Biscuits
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup natural peanut butter (without XYLITOL) plus extra to drizzle
- 1 cup water (for mixing)
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 egg
- non-stick cooking spray
- aluminum foil
- Instant Pot Dog Biscuit Molds
I ordered mine here:
- In a mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix until a nice dough has formed.
- Spray mold with non-stick cooking spray.
- Evenly scoop dough into each section of mold until dough is flush with the top. Cover with aluminum foil and also make a foil sling.
- Add 2 cups water and trivet to your pressure pot. Lower mold on to the trivet with your foil sling.
- Close and seal lid. Cook on manual HIGH pressure for 20-minutes. Allow for a 5-minute Natural Pressure Release and Quick Release any remaining. (While your pressure is releasing, microwave a small cup of Peanut Butter for about 30 seconds)
- Open lid, remove and uncover your dog biscuits. Pour melted Peanut Butter on top. Allow to cool-down. SERVE THEM TO YOUR FURRY FRIENDS!
***Be sure to subscribe to our email and FACEBOOK for more Irresistible Recipe's unique to your Instant Pot pressure cooker! ***