Good evening Pure Pressure followers! Tonight I decided to whip up a big hearty bowl of Goulash in the Instant Pot.
Why Goulsh you ask? Because with this awful SNOW and ICE something warm and hearty sounded just right! Plus, it’s one of the very few things my picky kid will eat!
This recipe was something my parents used to make growing up and it just seemed to stick! So I decided to again make life easier and convert this old school recipe to the new school Instant Pot!! I used a 6QT Duo but this would work perfect in any shape, size, or model! Depending on size, you may or may not have to modify the amount of ingredients, but your cook time will stay the SAME!
I hope you all love this recipe as much as my family has. Be sure to check out our other Irresistible Recipes in our new E-book!
Gotta Get More, Goulash
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 2 cups macaroni noodles
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 (28oz) can of diced tomatoes
- Parmesan cheese to garnish
- ¼ cup parsley, to garnish
1) Press sauté mode to heat your pressure pot. When hot, add oil, ground beef, onion, green pepper, bay leaves, salt & pepper. Cook until beef is browned.
2) Once browned, add Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic. Continue to sauté for a couple of minutes.
3) Add tomato juice and deglaze your pot if necessary. Then, add pasta and paprika. Give everything a good stir.
4) Now add your diced tomatoes.
5) Close and seal your lid. Cook on manual HIGH pressure for 5 minutes. Allow for a 5-minute Natural Pressure Release and Quick Release any remaining steam.
6) Open lid and top with Parmesan and parsley. Serve with yummy bread! ENJOY!
Be sure to subscribe to our email and FACEBOOK for more amazing recipes to come!