What do you do when you get that craving for Chinese food and there isn’t any decent options in your small town? GET CREATIVE! And thanks to my Instant Pot...ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!
This recipe is inspired by one of my favorite dishes of all time..GENERAL TSO’S Chicken! The best part is..you don’t even have to leave the house to pick it up!!
Plus, this version is healthier and less processed than that stuff. When I eat chicken, I like to know I’m eating chicken!
This recipe surely didn’t disappoint! Even my picky little eaters agreed, as they were coming back for seconds!
Enough of the chit-chat, get cookin’ already!
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out our cookbooks (ebook OR paperback) that are LOADED with recipes just like this!
ON SALE HERE:
Instant Pot General Tso’s Chicken & White Rice
- 2lbs boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp Hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup white rice (not Instant rice)
- optional toppings:
- green onion, diced
- sesame seeds
- Press “sauté” mode on your pressure cooker. Once hot, add 1 Tbsp olive oil and your chicken (season with salt & pepper). Cook until browned.
- Turn off “sauté” mode. Add soy sauces and then make sure to deglaze your pot. Then, add honey, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, red pepper flakes, and tomato paste. Stir it all together.
- In a separate cooking bowl, add 1 cup rice and 1 cup water. Cover with aluminum foil and place on trivet and place on top of chicken.
- Close and seal lid. Cook on manual HIGH-pressure for 7-minutes. Allow for a 5-minute Natural Pressure Release and Quick Release any remaining steam.
- Open lid and remove rice dish and trivet. Stir in broccoli florets. Close and seal lid. Cook on manual HIGH-pressure for 0-minutes. Quick release the pressure.
- Serve over white rice with crunchy Egg-Rolls! ENJOY!
**Be sure to subscribe via Email and Facebook for our latest and greatest recipe notifications**