Happy Cinco de Mayo!!
What better way to celeberate the holiday than with these AMAZING Instant Pot Fiesta Chicken Taco Bowls...and maybe a few frosted MARGARITAS! YUM! 😍
Before we give you this recipe and you bust out your fancy sombreros, we must share with you a little history lesson so this special holiday doesn’t fall completely wayside to tacos and margaritas. Although, they are a pretty EPIC combination!
Most people think, “Cinco de Mayo,” is simply Mexico’s Independence Day, but it is not. The holiday actually celebrates Mexico’s victory over France in the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862. This battle was so significant because a very small Mexican army defeated a large occupying France army to claim the Puebla. France did reclaim the Puebla one year later, but this was a significant step in helping drive France completely from the country in 1867.
Now that you know WHY you are consuming endless tacos and margaritas...get out there and ENJOY!!
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out our new cookbook (E-book/Paperback) that is loaded with 100 unique and irresistible recipes for your Instant Pot. Get yours here:
Fiesta Chicken Taco Bowls
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 (15oz.) can of black beans, drained and rinsed.
- 1 cup corn
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 1 1/4 cups long grain white rice, drained and rinsed.
- Non-stick cooking spray
chopped green onion
1) Spray bottom of pressure pot with non-stick cooking spray. Then add ½ cup chicken broth and boneless chicken breasts.
2) Sprinkle chicken with taco seasoning.
3) Add black beans, corn, salsa, rice, and remaining 1 cup chicken broth to the pot. Give it a good stir to make sure rice is fully submerged into broth.
4) Close and seal lid. Cook on manual HIGH pressure for 8 minutes. Allow for a 12-minute Natural Pressure Release and then Quick Release any remaining steam.
5) Fluff rice with a fork. Then put lid back on and allow to sit for 5 minutes or so while you prep the toppings.
6) Once toppings are ready, remove and shred chicken breasts, then add back to the pot.
7) Lastly, add a scoop of taco mixture to a bowl. Top with shredded chicken and other favorite toppings. Serve with tortillas and ENJOY!
If you enjoyed this blog, be sure to subscribe to our EMAIL and FACEBOOK to get our FREE updates!