Nothing says "GOOOOOOOOOOD MORNING," like a big hearty plate full of sausage Biscuits N' Gravy. Especially on a day like this. Seriously... 30 degrees and SNOWY in the middle of April?! GO HOME MICHIGAN, YOU'RE DRUNK!
But... if you insist on sticking around, then I will just keep on enjoying this quick and easy Biscuits N" Gravy!
Quick and easy is just what this is (DELICIOUS TOO!) With your Instant Pot, you'll have homemade sausage Biscuits N' Gravy done in under 15-minutes!! The amazing thing is, THE BISCUITS ARE EVEN COOKED INSIDE THE POT!!
When I say this meal is delicious, I MEAN IT! I honestly think I could eat this for breakfast every single day and not get tired of it. It is nice because you can easily substitute "hot" or "maple syrup" flavored sausage into your gravy and they each will provide you with their own unique flavors.
I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as my family has. If you do, be sure to check out our, "100 Irresistible Recipe's," for your Instant Pot! Available as E-book and Paperback.
Country Boy Biscuits & Gravy
- 1 can of your favorite refrigerated biscuits (I prefer good ole Grands!)
- 1lb ground Italian sausage
- 1Tbsp butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Aluminum foil
- Silicone Egg-Bite Mold This is ours:
- Spray silicone egg-bite mold with non-stick cooking spray. Roll each biscuit into a small ball and place throughout your egg-bite mold. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Press Sauté mode on your pot to preheat it. In your pressure pot, add butter, sausage, salt& pepper. Cook until sausage is fully browned.
- Without draining the grease, add in 1cup of chicken both to the pressure pot. (Make sure to deglaze your pot here if necessary).
- Place your egg-bite mold onto your trivet, and lower onto the top of the sausage mixture. Close & seal lid.
- Cook on manual HIGH pressure for 10 minutes.
- Before timer is up, in a separate mixing bowl, whisk together ½ cup flour and 3 cups milk until fully dissolved.
- Quick release pressure when timer is up. Remove biscuits & trivet.
- Now, add your milk mixture to the pressure pot and press Sauté. Continue to stir until gravy thickens. (Don’t overcook, it will thicken as it cools.)
- Cut up biscuits however you prefer (I slice each bite into thirds) and serve with gravy over top. ENJOY!!
**Pro tip: Use HOT sausage and ¼ cup Franks red hot sauce for a “Spicy” Country Boy